This is a sponsored post.
With the box that I received I was able to make three meals:
and this wonderful meal, Chicken Quinoa Stew
This was a huge hit in my house! I was incredibly surprised that my kids willingly ate a stew with large visible chunks of green things. That NEVER happens.
I made quinoa only once before this and truthfully I really didn’t like it. But in this recipe it is delicious. I was quite hesitant to eat this but the first taste had me hooked. I will be making this one again as well as the other two.
If you haven’t heard about Hello Fresh yet, let me tell you how it works. Every week you choose 3 meals out of a list of 5 on the Hello Fresh web site and they ship all of the ingredients to make them straight to your door. The come prepackaged and labeled for each meal taking all of the guess work out of cooking. The recipe cards are very detailed and include step by step pictures and instructions.
Recipe cards are very detailed as you can see.
You can either choose to receive a box for 2 people or for 4 people. They also have a vegetarian option if that is your dietary preference.
Give this recipe a try and if you love it as much as I did, why not subscribe to this great service? Use code 9L2L36 to save $20 off your first box.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 C Quinoa
- ½ oz Parsley
- 1 Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1 t Chili Flakes
- 2 T Olive OIl
- In a large pot, dissolve the stock cubes in 6 cups of boiling water. Keep warm
- Rinse the Quinoa in a fine strainer, place in a pot with 1 and ½ cups of the stock and a pinch of salt. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Dice the onion, chop the tomatoes and cut the zucchini into half rounds. Wedge the lemons and coarsely chop the parsley.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Put the onions in the broth.
- Add the zucchini and the tomatoes to the skillet with the chili flakes and cook for 4 minutes stirring frequently. Put into broth.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes, season with salt and pepper and add to the pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the broth along with the parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Place the quinoa into bowls and pour stew over it. serve with lemon wedges.