It’s late, the family is hungry and fast food is looking mighty tempting right about now. But Stop! Don’t go to that drive thru!
Make this easy, one pot chicken and rice dish instead!
All you need for this is:
a pound of chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
a 8-10 oz package of yellow rice (I use Vigo brand)
2-3 cups of chicken broth
a can of mild Rotel.
I also use Adobe seasoning for my chicken but it’s really not necessary.
If you are in a huge hurry, you can used canned chicken breast chunks. Then it becomes a dump and simmer meal which is great when you have no time to stand over the stove at all.
Of course, with my large family, I frequently double this recipe. I never have leftovers either! The kids just love this.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 8 oz yellow rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can mild flavored Rotel
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size chunks
- Heat a little butter or oil in a large pot or dutch oven
- Add Chicken chunks to the pot
- Season the chicken with Adobe or Salt and Pepper
- Cook chicken until no longer pink stirring frequently
- Add chicken broth and Rotel to the pot
- Bring to a boil
- Add the rice
- Bring back to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer
- Cover the pot
- Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally
- Uncover, cool and serve
Let me know if you try this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!