In case you missed it, I reviewed Hello Fresh’s great service here
In a nutshell, every week you receive a box with all of the ingredients and recipe cards for 3 meals. These 3 meals can either be classic or vegetarian. You can also get a box for either 2 people or 4 people. The amount of food that these recipes prepare is copious. I was able to feed more than 2 people form each meal.
This recipe that I am reviewing here is Steak and Brussels Sprouts Stir-fry. This is what the recipe card looks like for this one:
I made this one for myself for lunch because , to be honest, the thought of making Brussels Sprouts scared me a little. I was incredibly surprised to discover that I really liked them.
I’ll be making this recipe again in the future.
This is what it looked like right before I devoured it:
Although there is a bit more more prep work with Hello Fresh recipes, the taste more than makes up for the few extra minutes. Everything is so flavorful!
Give this recipe a try and if you love it as much as I did, why not subscribe to this great service? Use code 9L2L36 to save $20 off your first box.
- 8 oz Sirloin Strips
- 1 C Basmati Rice
- 8 oz Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Carrot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 thumb Ginger
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Scallions
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 2 T White Wine Vinegar
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- Quarter the Brussels Sprouts, peel and cut the carrot, slice the scallions keeping the white and greens seperate.
- Thinly slice the jalapeno, mince the garlic and the ginger
- Combine vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside
- Boil 1 and ½ cups water in a pot
- add rice with a pinch of salt, bring to boil, cover and lower heat. Cook for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Heat a Tablespoon of oil in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts and cook tossing occasionally until golden brown
- Once they are crisp but tender set aside in a bowl
- Season steak strips with salt
- Heat another Tablespoon of oil in the skillet.
- Add the beef and cook in a single layer until browned and nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- set beef aside with the Brussels Sprouts.
- Add the scallion whites, garlic and ginger to the skillet.
- Cook for about a minute til fragrant.
- Add the carrots and jalapeno and cook until the carrots are softened
- Put the steak and Brussels Sprouts back in the pan and add the soy sauce mixture
- Cook while tossing until the sauce thickens
- Serve over the rice and sprinkle green scallions on top.
I also received the ingredients to make
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Lemony Potatoes and Zucchini.
Give those recipes a try too!
9 thoughts on “Steak and Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry Recipe #HelloFresh”
This looks delicious!!!
Well, I’m not a fan of brussels sprouts but I’ve saved this recipe so I can try substituting with broccoli. Thanks for sharing!
Jamie @Momma Without a Clue recently posted..Stop Being Too Busy
I love Brussels sprouts might have to try this one.
Michelle F. recently posted..Getting Organized with an Erin Condren Planner from Tiny Prints #Review
I love the brussels sprouts but not the steak whereas my family loves steak and not brussel sprouts. This sounds like a meal for everyone 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Ah! This looks really good and it is something that I would eat. On top of rice. Oh yes! We love Brussel Sprouts in this family. We even planted them last year, but too bad we didn’t get to enjoy them as much since we moved. Hmm.. yum!
This made me hungry, definitely going to try this!
Filipino Beef Recipes by Ed Joven recently posted..Filipino Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Our favorite way to eat brussesls sprouts is roasted, but I never thought of adding them to a stir fry. I’ll have to add this recipe to our stir fry rotation.
I also think it’s neat that everything shows up in one box.
Elizabeth Copeland recently posted..Saving Money On Office Supplies
This recipe looks great, I love steak! I had not heard of Hello Fresh before stumbling on this post and recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Scrappy Geek recently posted..Funniest Game Show Answers (Video!)