In a nutshell, every week you receive a box with all of the ingredients and recipe cards for 3 meals. These 3 meals can either be classic or vegetarian. You can also get a box for either 2 people or 4 people. The amount of food that these recipes prepare is copious. I was able to feed more than 2 people form each meal.
This recipe that I am reviewing here is Steak and Brussels Sprouts Stir-fry. This is what the recipe card looks like for this one:
I made this one for myself for lunch because , to be honest, the thought of making Brussels Sprouts scared me a little. I was incredibly surprised to discover that I really liked them.
I’ll be making this recipe again in the future.
This is what it looked like right before I devoured it:
Although there is a bit more more prep work with Hello Fresh recipes, the taste more than makes up for the few extra minutes. Everything is so flavorful!
Give this recipe a try and if you love it as much as I did, why not subscribe to this great service? Use code 9L2L36 to save $20 off your first box.
- 8 oz Sirloin Strips
- 1 C Basmati Rice
- 8 oz Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Carrot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 thumb Ginger
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Scallions
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 2 T White Wine Vinegar
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- Quarter the Brussels Sprouts, peel and cut the carrot, slice the scallions keeping the white and greens seperate.
- Thinly slice the jalapeno, mince the garlic and the ginger
- Combine vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside
- Boil 1 and ½ cups water in a pot
- add rice with a pinch of salt, bring to boil, cover and lower heat. Cook for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Heat a Tablespoon of oil in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts and cook tossing occasionally until golden brown
- Once they are crisp but tender set aside in a bowl
- Season steak strips with salt
- Heat another Tablespoon of oil in the skillet.
- Add the beef and cook in a single layer until browned and nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- set beef aside with the Brussels Sprouts.
- Add the scallion whites, garlic and ginger to the skillet.
- Cook for about a minute til fragrant.
- Add the carrots and jalapeno and cook until the carrots are softened
- Put the steak and Brussels Sprouts back in the pan and add the soy sauce mixture
- Cook while tossing until the sauce thickens
- Serve over the rice and sprinkle green scallions on top.
I also received the ingredients to make
Give those recipes a try too!